Priority axis I The use of research and development activities in the economy
Operation 1.1 Research and development activity of scientific units
Support for research and development infrastructure of scientific units
Regional Operational Program of the Mazovian Voivodeship 2014-2020
Research and Development Activities of Scientific Entities
Duration and Value of the Project
- Project Duration: 01/07/2017 – 30/06/2022
- Project Value: 89 107 212,16 PLN
- Amount of Funding: 55 046 989,21 PLN
MCB Construction Process
Project implementation start:
The project involves the creation of a Multidisciplinary Research Center (MCB). Its main element is the construction of a unique research center in the field of digital sciences, whose priority objective will be to create and implement innovative solutions of digital technologies in the economy and the realization of your tasks at different levels related to the digital transformation.
At the same time, the Center will bring together development teams of associated innovative companies, working closely with its scientific groups.
The very structure of the Center and the anticipated scope of its activities assume the application-oriented nature of this facility. In principle, modern infrastructure, tailored to the needs of advanced technology, will allow for innovative research, scientific and development works at an internationally competitive level. The reason of establishing such a center results from the growing demand for the use of information and communication technologies in every area of research, including the humanities and social sciences. It is a response to the contemporary needs and requirements of the scientific and business environment.
There is no center in Poland that would gather specialists in Data Science, artificial intelligence, machine learning, cyber security, medicine, technology, natural sciences, humanities and social sciences in one place.
The creation of one interdisciplinary center will allow for the development of a still unique, interdisciplinary research offer, capable of responding much faster to inquiries from business and the world of science, which will significantly affect both the speed of the offer preparation and the current research capabilities of the consortium members.
The project is implemented by a consortium of three scientific and four commercial entities.
As part of the project, two buildings with a total usable area of 5315 m2 will be constructed on an area of 1.2 ha in Dziekanów Leśny, where research will be conducted in the following laboratories:
- Large Scale Data Processing Laboratory
- Numerical Methods and Analyses Laboratory
- Cyber Security Laboratory
- Time-Critical Processing Laboratory
- Geoinformation Research Laboratory
- Safe Data Storage and Processing Laboratory
- Creative Space Laboratory
- VR Laboratory
- Spherical Simulator and Visual Simulation Laboratory
- 3D Printing Laboratory
- Measurement and Environmental Research Laboratory (Environmental Monitoring Laboratory, Thermovision and Building Physics Laboratory, Surveying and Measurement Laboratory)
- Communication Systems Laboratory
- RTV and Media Research Laboratory
Other locations of the project research infrastructure:
- Laboratory located at the Military Institute of Aviation Medicine
- Laboratory located at the National Information Processing Institute – National Research Institute
The research infrastructure created within the framework of the MCB project is available for entities outside the consortium according to the rules set out in the documents below:
MCB is located about 350 m from the S7 route and 17 km from the center of Warsaw.