We are witnessing the increasing dynamics of economic and social life digitalization. We are entering the phase of “Society 5.0” construction (https://www.gov-online.go.jp/cam/s5/). One of the main technological pillars of this process is Data Science.
Data Science Specialist is becoming one of the most sought after and best paid professions in Poland and in all developed countries. The labor market demand for this occupational specialty is rapidly growing and at the same time, the gap between supply and demand in this field is increasing. Moreover, the condition that is hindering the pace of digital transformation in all modern societies is, increasingly, the lack of sufficient Data Science professionals amount. At the same time, the field of Data Science is growing very rapidly and new requirements emerge for Data Scientist position candidates.
We started the Data Science seminar at UKSW in 2019. We plan to hold meetings of this seminar regularly, on a weekly basis.
The main initial objectives of the seminar are: introduction of issues related to Data Science to non-specialists, presentation of the contemporary Data Science challenges and the latest attempts to solve them. The seminar will also cover various examples of Data Science applications in interdisciplinary projects. The next, more advanced objectives of the seminar will be: identification of Data Science research directions of the seminar and development of the research with these in mind.
- Interactive Granular Computing as the basis for modeling Data Science systems for risk management – Professor A. Skowron (IBS PAN, UKSW), Professor A. Jankowski (UKSW) – June 18, 2020
- Introduction to blockchain technology and its applications. Postgraduate Diplomas example. (Data Science Seminar) – J. Figuła (Billon) & M. Adamczyk (Billon) – June 4, 2020
- Multiscality – M. Niezgódka, UKSW Professor – May 21, 2020
- Traffic Optimization Using Metaheuristics and Graph Neural Networks – P. Gora, MA (MIMUW) – May 7, 2020
- Cryptography in Practice of Data Security in Computer Networks: Part 1 (Part 2 will be conducted at a later date) – M. Kurkowski, UKSW Professor – April 23, 2020
- Interactive Granular Computing in Data Science: Motivations and Challenges – Professor Andrzej Skowron, Eng.; Andrzej Jankowski, UKSW Profesor – April 2, 2020
- Introduction to Data Science and the Role of Data Science in the Implementation of Interdisciplinary Projects Concerning Complex Phenomena, in Particular Their Analysis and Control. Examples of Projects Illustrating the Use of Data Science – Professor Andrzej Skowron, Eng.; Andrzej Jankowski, UKSW Professor – March 5, 2020