One of the greatest risks of the COVID-19 epidemic is the so-called “health debt” – postponed medical procedures. How to restore the pre-pandemic healthcare situation is told by the specialists in the field of data science and mathematical modeling. During the 3rd seminar entitled “Selected Models Developed as Part of the Prome Research”, mathematical models used to predict the course of the COVID-19 epidemic, scenarios of medical procedures relocation, related costs and consequences for saving patients’ health and life were presented.
The scientists explain which model is the most effective and how the models interrelate. We find out if the models can be used in the implementation of vaccination strategies and to what extent individual epidemic predictions coincide with the actual data on the course of the epidemic. We invite you to join us!
- Professor Andrzej Szałas – Introduction (5 min.)
- Adam Woźnica, PhD – Prediction Models of Medical Procedures Execution (15 min.)
- Alina Powała, PhD – Procedure Relocation Models (15 min.)
- Hung Son Nguyen, PhD; Piotr Podolski – Cellular Automata in Epidemic Modeling (15 min.)
- Tomasz Rusin, PhD – NN Models for COVID-19 Epidemic (15 min.)
- Grzegorz Grabek – Neural Networks in Epidemic Modeling (15 min.)
We encourage you to watch the video.